Date(s) - 03/02/2021
3:00 pm - 3:45 pm
Categories No Categories
Course Title: Gentle Yoga with Somatic Movement
Dates: Tuesdays (February 23, March 2nd, March 9th, March 16th)
Time: 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm
Location: Zoom Online Class Course Fee: $10
Objectives: Perfect for beginners or the seasoned yogi, this class will offer a gentler, slower approach to a yoga practice. A blend of gentle flow, yin yoga, restorative yoga, and somatic movement will enable you to move, breath, and connect with the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of your body.
Course Structure: The course will be 4 sessions, each 45 minutes long, covering the following topics:
- A guided class theme will be offered each session including but not limited to; basic yoga philosophy, yoga history, eight limbs of yoga, and the yoga sutras.
- Learn breathing exercises to strengthen the lungs, relax the body, and find peace of mind.
- Learn proper alignment of yoga poses, build strength and increase flexibility during gentle yoga flow sequences.
- Learn how to release chronic pain, correct poor posture, identify habitual negative muscle patterns, and stimulate the brain/body connection with somatic movement.
- Explore deep stretching, myofascial release of tissue, increased range of motion and full body release with yin and restorative yoga.
- A brief guided meditation will be offered at the closing of each class.
Requirements: You DO NOT have to purchase specific yoga equipment. Many common household items will work perfectly.
- Yoga mat or a non-slip surface
- Yoga block or substitute household item with similar dimension/qualities
- Yoga bolster or substitute 2 firm pillows, cushions
- Yoga strap or substitute belt, necktie, section of rope, bungee cord
- Blanket, chair, peaceful, warm space free of distractions
Instructor: Discovering yoga transformed Amanda’s health and life drastically. Amanda Easter is a 200-hour certified yoga teacher in pursuit of her 500-hour yoga therapy certification. As a certified life coach and a member of Yoga Alliance, she has a passion to teach yoga and explore holistic ways to improve your overall health and wellbeing.
Connecting mind, body, and spirit allowed Amanda to make significant changes in her own life to achieve her lifelong dreams. As a student you will build strength, confidence, and awareness during a variety of yoga practices including Vinyasa and Gentle Flow, Yin, Restorative, Therapeutic Yoga and Somatic Movement.
Amanda worked as a school librarian and yoga teacher for kids and adults at North Lakeland School in Manitowish Waters before splitting her time between her home in Winchester, Wisconsin and a small farm town in Ringwood, Illinois. Amanda taught at a variety of yoga studios and nonprofit groups like K9s4U animal rescue, MainStay Therapeutic Horse Farm and Yoga on the Farm raising money for a variety of charities. Upon returning to the Northwoods full time, she opened Rooted Soul Yoga Studio in beautiful Mercer, Wisconsin.